Apply for the APS CUWiP at NYC 2018 Conference
Any undergraduate student attending a US college/university may apply. It is very important to complete all parts of the application and to write a thoughtful Applicant Statement. If conferences are oversubscribed, priority will be given to applicants who:
- Are undergraduate physics and related majors
- Have never attended an APS CUWiP
- Are applying to attend the conference that is geographically closest to their expected location January 12-14, 2018.
The CUWiP-NYC conference will host attendees from the area in green. This includes
- Parts of Massachusetts (East of Springfield)
- All of Rhode Island
- Parts of New York (south of Highway 88, including Oneonta, Albany)
- Parts of New Jersey (north of Trenton)
Registration for the conference can only happen after you have received a notice from the APS that you have been accepted. Please apply only to the conference closest to your geographic location on January 14th, 2018. The application period is September 1 to Oct 13, 2017, and you will be informed of your acceptance in early November.
If you are accepted, you will be asked to register, also through a central APS site. Upon registration, you will be asked to pay a $45 registration fee. Lodging, food, and tours will be provided to all student attendants by the conference. In case the conference is over-subscribed, hotel accommodation preference will be given to non-local students. We encourage you to ask your department to help you with travel expenses.
If you're from elsewhere, don't despair, there are CUWiPs everwhere! Check out this map to find one closer.